How to Unblock Someone on Facebook App And Desktop
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook App And Desktop: This article describes how to unblock someone on Facebook's desktop and mobile apps. If
What to Know
- Visit Facebook.com and navigate to Account > Settings > Blocking. Locate the person you wish to unblock and click Unblock.
- Facebook application: Select Menu > Settings & Privacy > Blocking. Locate the person in the Blocked People section and click Unblock.
- If you were previously friends on Facebook, unblocking will not make you friends again. You must send a new friend request.
This article describes how to unblock someone on Facebook's desktop and mobile apps. If you've blocked someone on Facebook but feel it's time to reconnect, the social network makes it simple to reintroduce them into your life. How to Unblock Someone on Facebook App And Desktop
Also Read: Best Voice-to-Text Apps | Best Voice to Text App For Android.
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook App
Here's how to unblock someone if you're using Facebook on an iOS or Android device:
1. Tap Menu (three lines) in the bottom right corner of the Facebook app once it is open.
Note: On an Android device, tap the Menu icon (three horizontal lines) in the top right corner.
2. Tap Settings & Privacy.
3. Tap Settings.
4. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select Blocking.
5. You can see the names of any users you've previously blocked in the Blocked People section. Locate the person you wish to unblock and click Unblock.
6. Select Unblock to confirm.
Important: Unblocking someone does not automatically make you friends again if you were previously friends on Facebook. To become Facebook friends again, you must send a new friend request, which must be accepted. How to Unblock Someone on Facebook App And Desktop
How to Unblock Someone on Facebook on a Desktop
Here's what you have to do to unblock someone on Facebook if you're using a desktop web browser:
1. Visit Facebook.com and click the account icon (an upside-down triangle) in the upper right corner.
2. Select Settings & Privacy.
3. Select Settings.
4. Blocking can be chosen from the menu on the left.
5. You can view the names of any users you've previously blocked in the Block Users section. Select Unblock after locating the person you want to unblock.
6. When you unblock this person, Facebook will explain what will happen. To remove the block, choose Confirm.
Important: Unblocking someone doesn't make you friends again if you were previously on Facebook. To become Facebook friends once more, you must send a new friend request and have it accepted.
Note: More serious than unfriending, dozing, or unfollowing someone on Facebook is blocking them. When you block someone on Facebook, it's as if you are both invisible to one another.
Also Read: How to Make Your Laptop Keyboard Light Up
More on Blocking and Unblocking
When you block a Facebook user, they are unable to communicate with you or view any of your posts, and you are unable to view any of their posts or comments. The blocked user is unable to invite you to events, send you a friend request, view your profile, or send you an instant message via Messenger. It will be as if you are both invisible on Facebook. To be blocked, a person does not need to be a Facebook friend.
If you had been Facebook friends before, your friend status won't automatically be restored until one of you sends and the other accepts a friend request. Unblocking someone on Facebook makes you both visible to each other again on the social media platform.
Note: You will not be notified if you have blocked someone on Facebook. They may realise they've been blocked if they try to search for your account and don't see your name in the search results. Alternatively, they may notice that they are not seeing your posts.