Another EV explodes, killing an 80-year-old man in Telangana.
PureEV has issued a statement in response.
Another PureEV scooter has caught fire, and this time an 80-year-old man from Telangana has died as a result. An explosion occurred at midnight when the electric scooter was charging overnight. The victim's wife and grandchild were also seriously injured as a result of the explosion. The reason for the explosion is yet unknown, but PureEV has been charged with a crime by the local police.
This is not the first time an electric vehicle has exploded. For the past two to three months, such explosions have been reported on a regular basis. Popular scooter brands such as Ola, Okinawa, and Jitendra RV have also caught fire and exploded.
Another PureEV Scooter Explodes
The victim, Ramaswamy, his wife, Kamalamma, and their grandson, Kalyan, were asleep in their Nizamabad home when the scooter's battery detonated at 4 a.m., injuring the entire family. Ramaswamy was rushed to the hospital, but he died from his injuries and was certified dead.
Prakash Ramaswamy, Ramaswamy's son, who plugged in the EV scooter charger around 12:30 a.m., has filed a complaint with the local police against the electric scooter maker. "Standards were not followed throughout the construction of the electric vehicle battery, and as a result, our family suffered." Please take proper legal action," the complaint adds. The Nizamabad 3 Town Police Station has charged PureEV with causing death by the reckless or careless act under Section 304-a of the IPC.
PureEV Responds With a Statement
PureEV has acknowledged the occurrence and responded, saying, "We truly regret the incident and extend our condolences to the victim's family." Cooperating fully with local authorities and obtaining complete information from the user The event occurred two days ago, according to the company's statement. PureEV says that they do not have any record of the purchase of the vehicle involved in the accident or of service by the user in their database. The company is finding if the vehicle was purchased through a second-hand sale.
This is the fourth PureEV scooter explosion. Two PureEV scooters caught fire in Hyderabad in September of last year, while a PureEV electric scooter caught fire in Chennai in March of this year.
Thank you for sticking with me all the way to the end of this post. Like our Facebook page for more insightful and exclusive tech news.